If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Beginning of the End?

I went ahead and consolidated my entire bankroll back into my online wallet. With the June 1st UIGEA deadline fast approaching, I have no idea what's going to happen in the online poker world. I figured it'd be a safe bet to put all my money in one place that is unaffected by strange foreign laws designed to make the world less fun.

I was a sad moment when I found myself withdrawing all but the last $500 of my online bankroll. I really, really hate that poker didn't quite work out for me in the long run. I was going to use poker as a possible retirement fund for me and my wife. But the trickle of new fish got too small, the pool of competent players grew too large, and I lost my drive to compete.

At the moment, I have about $150 sitting on Party Poker which I can't withdraw. It's mainly free bonus money given to me by Party. I may invite friends over for a drunken online poker night and use my Party account to see if I'm still marginally competent at poker. Maybe I'll get lucky.

I should also mention that it's rather sad to see this site start to collect dust. I never used Klopzi's Mediocre Poker as a personal blog and don't intend to start just to keep my traffic numbers up. I doubt anyone wants to hear about my life and I don't feel like sharing all that much either. I guess I'm not a good "blogger" in the traditional sense given my desire for anonymity and privacy.

My plans for the next couple months are pretty simple. I'll follow the WSOP to see if that sparks my interest in poker. I'll try and play a few hours at Party Poker. And I'll try to read at least one poker book as well. Maybe I can try playing an entirely new game? Perhaps play some super, super low stakes 7-card stud, H.O.R.S.E., or other mixed games. I may even play some SNGs. But I think that my days of grinding 6-max hold'em (limit or no-limit) are probably long gone.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll leave you with a cool little video I came across this morning.

4 comments:

Littleacornman said...

Hope it's not the end Klopzi.The sng's on Party are still very soft...!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you.

GRdn13 said...

Good luck mate! Such a cool vid also - thanks for sharing!

The Poker Meister said...

Good luck with future endeavors if it is the end. Have you ever converted your Iron Man medals on Full Tilt? Was wondering if you were interested in doing a HU tourney where we split the $75 token or $26 token. See my post: http://lowstakeshands.blogspot.com/2010/01/iron-man-bonus-follow-up.html

If you have any medals, this may be a nice opportunity to add to your BR.