If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Par for the course

How's poker going? I can think of a few choice words that I could share with you. But out of respect for my readers and anyone reading this at work, I'll keep my mouth shut.

On a positive note, I'm getting a good handle on dealing with losing. Bad beats and cold decks are par for the course. I wish I could say that I've found a way to continue playing my "A" game while losing hand over fist but I'd be lying.

I still go on tilt. I still give up on poker over small stretches of time. But through it all, I keep coming back for another crack at the game. My $250 gift certificate from Stars may end up costing me a few thousand dollars in poker losses when all's said and done. But I'm not giving up. I want that gift certificate. And maybe I'll become a better poker player in the process.

In the meantime, I'll have to keep putting up with hands like these...

Poker Stars $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is MP with K of spades A of hearts
1 fold, Hero raises, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls

Flop: (8 SB) T of diamonds 6 of spades A of spades (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls

Turn: (6 BB) 9 of hearts (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB calls, BB raises all in, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls

River: (11.5 BB) 7 of diamonds (4 players - 1 is all in)
SB checks, Hero bets, CO folds, SB folds

Final Pot: 11.5 BB
BB shows T of spades 6 of clubs (two pair, Tens and Sixes)
Hero shows K of spades A of hearts (a pair of Aces)
BB wins 11 BB
(Rake: $1.00)

2 comments:

The Poker Meister said...

Agree that this sucks. There should be no reason BB shows up here with 2 pair. However, given so many players flatting, you have to imagine at least one (if not both) are on spade draws. BB can't do any more damage (he's all in), so why not put in a 3rd bet on the turn? You could have at least gotten another 2 bets out of it (SB & CO fold the river), thus minimizing your losses.

Klopzi said...

@Meister -

I would have raised BB's bet on the turn but he was all-in and hadn't put in a full bet. My options were to call or fold.

That also explains why BB was in the pot. He was short and getting 7:1 on the call pre-flop.

That's poker.