If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Baby Steps

I logged into Full Tilt last night, ready to start clearing the new "Rush" bonus. I then spent the next ten minutes trying to find the bonus information. Just as I was beginning to wonder whether or not I'd qualified for the bonus, I suddenly remembered that I needed to opt-in via the Request menu. Full Tilt - why not put the bonus information somewhere in the Cashier window? I was honestly pissed off for a while last night thinking that I'd been snubbed by Howard and crew.

All grievances were soon forgotten when I was offered a $100 bonus. I happily opted-in for the bonus. I'll have to clear 1667 FTPs in the next 30 days to pick up the full $100.

I played for about an hour last night. In that time, I played 300 hands of $1/$2 SHFL poker and cleared 100 FTPs. If I use those numbers as a reasonable estimate for the amount of points I'll clear when playing $1/$2 at Full Tilt, I can now figure out how much poker I'll have to play over the next 36 days:

  • 15.7 hours (or 4700 hands) at Full Tilt for a $100 bonus. Will also earn an extra $28 in rakeback (thanks to RakeTheRake)

  • 12 hours (or 3000 hands) at PokerStars for a $100 bonus. Will also earn SilverStar VIP status which will help me earn my $250 FutureShop gift certificate by November 2010.

I typically play around five hours of poker every weekend and there are five weekends left before the end of March. If I can avoid tilting too badly and assuming I can hang on to my dwindling bankroll, I should be $228 richer by the end of next month.

As I mentioned yesterday, my primary goal right now is to work my way out of the red in $1/$2 SHFL. But I'll still be happy if I can manage to play near break-even poker over the next 7700 hands. Baby steps, right?

4 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

I have totally be snubbed by FT.

Klopzi said...

Waffles -

For the Rush bonus or in general?

The Poker Meister said...

Funny. I probably play a lot more Full Tilt poker than you & I was only offered $50. At the Rush tables, I blew through it in about a night of playing.

Ben said...

It sounds like you have it all planned out.
Now all you have to do is stick to the schedule!
I'm sure It'll go accordingly.
oh, and great clip... babysteps right!