If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Balancing the Books

A week has passed since my last post and for that I apologize. I was hoping to hit the elusive "1,000 posts" this year but it's not going to happen. Tilt, video games, and a busy life prevent me from keeping all of my readers up-to-date on my gambling hobby. I can say that I'm back to playing poker...for now. I took a bit of a break when Borderlands showed up on my doorstep. But for all that video games deliver, there are times when I need to sit back and play poker. Nothing beats the addictive combination of balls and brains (and rakeback and education) required to play and succeed at poker.

In all honesty, work has been excruciatingly busy over the past couple months. Throw in dieting, maintaining a exercise schedule, and preparing for the Christmas season and you'll understand why it's been hard to hit the virtual felt. Mental and physical exhaustion are not conducive to smart and savvy poker play.

Things are going pretty well at the tables. I activated my $100 bonus at Full Tilt last Friday. I'm about 100 FTPs into the bonus; 1500 more FTPs until I pick up the full $100 bonus. I'm still playing the $0.50/$1 6-max limit hold'em games. I'm just glad that my ego affords me the opportunity to work on my game at these micro-stakes without feeling guilty, stupid, or useless. I'm one small winning session away from jumping back up to the $1/$2 games.

I've actually done a bit of thinking lately. I've considered taking the "Poker Tracker Nit" route in deciding which games to play. For those unfamiliar with the term, a Poker Tracker Nit is someone who has a compulsive need to have a winning record at all games tracked in his or her PT database. I haven't looked over all of my PT numbers in quite some time but I do have an idea of which games I'm beating and those beating me.

In terms of 6-max limit hold'em, I have a losing record at all games from $0.50/$1 up to $2/$4. If I have the chance tonight, I'm going to look at my overall numbers across all games. I know, for example, that I'm down about 50 BB at full-ring $3/$6 limit hold'em. It'd be fun to take a shot at those games again to see if I can finally become a winning player.

I've also had an unfortunate time at micro-stakes no-limit hold'em, pot-limit Omaha, limit Omaha/8, and heads-up limit and no-limit hold'em games. To be honest, there are very few Poker Tracker results that I can really brag about save for my brief but lucrative hot streak at $0.50/$1 and $1/$2 6-max no-limit hold'em.

I'll be back tomorrow (or sometime this evening) with a full disclosure of all of my results. Am I crazy for thinking that this might be a fun little experiment?

No comments: