If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Weekend!

I've a had a few frustrating days of playing around with my laptop. I was trying to get some video games to work. Silly me for thinking that computers could be used for something other than Internet poker (and various other amoral diversions). If you're interested in reading about my PC gaming exploits, check out these three posts from The Greedy Gamer: here, here, and here.

If you're here looking for poker content, I've got that for you too! Check it out after the jump.

Despite playing a bunch of no-limit hold'em last week, I started playing some more Omaha Hi-Lo the past few nights. I'm determined to get back to even at the $1/$2 O8 games. At last count, I'm roughly 25 BBs in the hole. Not too bad but not good either.

I've been playing the 10-handed games at Stars recently. Although I love Full Tilt, Stars has more full-ring O8 games going right now. I'm still working my way towards getting a $250 FutureShop gift certificate with my growing pile of FPPs. I'm getting pretty close too! I don't know what I'll buy with the gift card when I get it though. I have all the video games and toys that I need right now. Maybe I could start building up a Blu-Ray home video collection...?

I'm also thinking of getting back into pot-limit Omaha again as well. Though I dabble here and there, it's really a great game to play. And it's much easier to beat than any 6-max NLHE games played at comparable stakes...for now.

To confuse matters further, I've started watching some (fixed-limit) 2-7 Triple Draw videos. Unlike some of the other draw and lowball games out there, triple draw seems quite a bit more complex. I never realized how important a decision it can be when deciding which cards to discard, when to draw, when to stand pat, and when to "snow". Throw in the fact that hand equities are all close from first draw to last and you have a game with some pretty high variance for good and bad players alike.

My focus this weekend will likely be on NLHE and O8. I'd like to read up on PLO again before I start playing the game regularly. Besides poker, I'm also planning on playing a lot of Ghostbusters: The Video Game. A friend lent it to me and I'd like to get it back to him quickly. I've actually got a whole slew of video games to play but I'm enjoying poker way too much to focus exclusively on games.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: