If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Oops!

Although I was going to play at PokerStars in August, I've changed my mind. Have any of you had the chance to check out Full Tilt's new software? Full Tilt finally has a game selection filter! Hallelujah! It only took five years but it's finally here and it works wonderfully! In fact, I think that Full Tilt definitely went above and beyond with their new software update. They've gone with a widget concept for their lobby software that allows users to customize what, where, and how much information they'd like to have at their fingertips.

And on top of the great new software, Full Tilt is also offering an easy-to-clear bonus! And that's why Full Tilt has secured my business for August (and years to come, obviously).

The only issue that I had with the new software last night had to do with the random number generator. Over the past four years, I've managed to hit sets roughly 1 out of every 16 pocket pairs that I pick up. And unfortunately, 70% of my sets seem to come when I pick up Aces or Kings in blind versus blind battles. It's not fun crushing the deck when there's no chance of getting paid off. Last night, I picked up pocket fives in the small blind. I hit a set on a mono-suited board and managed to get it all in with the "fishy" player at the table. And here's what happened...

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 212676
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $94.10
Hero (SB): $79.65
BB: $80.95

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 55 of diamonds 55 of spades
BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB raises to $3, BTN calls $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

(BTN is 60/16/2.4 and he was the weak spot at the table. I'd been picking on him the whole session.)

Flop: ($9.00) 55 of clubs 22 of clubs 77 of clubs (3 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $5.50, BTN calls $5.50, Hero raises to $40, BB folds, BTN raises to $74.50, Hero raises to $76.65 all in, BTN calls $2.15

(I made a big check-raise here. I wasn't too worried about BB in this spot since I had no reason to think that he'd flopped a monster. I was focused on getting as much money into the pot and hoping that the BTN would make a mistake and call. I believed that the BTN was the type of player that would call me with worse in this spot (e.g. flush draw, pair + flush, straigth+flush draw, etc.).

When the Villain raised, I was sure he had either the made flush or a flush draw+ type of hand. I needed to call about roughly $40 to win $120. My large flop check-raise priced me in to make the call in this spot. Given that I was planning on shoving the turn had the Villain simply called my check-raise, I couldn't back down now. Still a bit of a gross spot playing for 150 BB stacks in a spot where I'm almost certain to be behind.

Villain snap called my shove and showed TT of clubs KK of clubs. The race was on...)


Turn: ($167.80) 66 of diamonds (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($167.80) TT of spades (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $167.80
BTN shows TT of clubs KK of clubs (a flush, King high)
Hero shows 55 of diamonds 55 of spades (three of a kind, Fives)
BTN wins $166.80
(Rake: $1.00)

Despite losing that one big hand, I was pretty happy with my play over my session last night. The only other sore spot occurred on another table where a 60/10 calling station sitting to my left managed to value-bet me relentlessly. He also snap-called a couple river bluffs on my part. I'd failed to read him as a calling station until it was too late. Silly me...

I'll be playing at Full Tilt this weekend. I've got a bonus to clear, new software to play around with, and a new mouse to break-in.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

The Poker Meister said...

Will be an easy bonus to clear: $100 for 1600 FPPs... $10 per increment (160 FPPs / $10). Easy peasy.

Klopzi said...

I figure about 21 hours to clear 3-tabling $50 NL (about 6600 hands). I should be able to clear it - though I've only played that many hands in a month once or twice in the past four years. Kids, wife, and video game addiction take up quite a bit of my time, I guess.

The Poker Meister said...

How is your bonus coming along? I'm $30 through it in a total of 2400 hands @ [mostly] $25NLHE in 12 hours of play. I think you can get through the bonus a lot quicker than 6600 hands. Time is a whole other factor, unfortunately...