If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Two Words: Omaha Eight

I'm going to jump into some Omaha 8 games tonight. I've watched some videos and read a couple chapters in a book so I'm all set! But seriously, I'm going to sit at the $1/$2 full-ring tables and see if I can grind out a few bucks. I hear that limit Omaha 8 isn't quite as swingy as you'd think. It's really a game that favours nut-peddlers and I'm happy to oblige.

I think limit O8 might also be a good game for grinding out some rakeback and bonuses (when applicable). Could this be the game that brings me back to happier days? I certainly hope so.

My plan - subject to change at any time - is to play one or two tables tonight of FL08 tonight. If things go okay, I may start playing four tables and see how that goes. I'm going to try and put in at least 10 hours at the $1/$2 limits.

I hope to pull off enough wins to boost my confidence enough to sit at the $2/$4 tables and then, eventually, the $3/$6 tables. If I can hit the $3/$6 games over the next few months, I'll be happy.

Is this all a pipe dream? Am I going to give up on Omaha 8 after a few disastrous sessions? Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I'm also trying to learn O8. What I've found so far is that I don't know much about it, but most of the other players are even worse.

GL with it.

Klopzi said...

Memphis -

Definitely one of O8's major benefits. You don't need to be the best to make money at O8.