If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Wedding Anniversaries, Pot-Limit Omaha, and General Tso's Chicken!

Four years ago today, my wife and I were married. It was 5°C and sunny outside. We fed chicken and wine to our friends and families; they gave us small appliances, bedding, knickknacks, and cards filled with money (yay!). I gave my wife a promise of my undying love as she did to me.

Tonight, my wife and I will eat Chinese food. It is -22°C (-32°C with windchill) and sunny outside. We will feed chicken and milk to our two boys; they will give us hugs and knickknacks scavenged from around the house. I am giving my wife a new bedroom set; she's giving me an LCD HDTV. Marriage can be pretty sweet!

If you're reading this Baby, "Happy Anniversary!"; if not, I don't blame you.

As for the rest of you, poker gets discussed after the jump.

I was going to hold off on playing pot-limit Omaha last night because I was tired. I think the video below gives an accurace depiction of my state of mind while playing:



Despite being groggy and a little out of it, I managed a decent win. However, much of my success can be attributed to just one hand:

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $20.00
UTG: $49.45
Hero (MP): $51.60
CO: $99.50
BTN: $50.00
SB: $27.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with QQ of spades 55 of clubs QQ of clubs TT of spades
1 fold, Hero calls $0.50, CO raises to $2.25, BTN calls $2.25, 1 fold, BB calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

(CO was pretty aggressive. I limped UTG because...well, I'm a donkey. Actually, I don't see much wrong with limping into pots from early position in PLO. I may be singing a different tune after a couple more months of PLO though.)

Flop: ($9.25) 22 of hearts QQ of hearts 99 of spades (4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $9.25, BTN folds, BB raises to $17.75 all in, Hero raises to $49.35 all in, CO calls $40.10

(I flop the nuts and check to the CO because he's betting this flop every time. From there, it's an easy shove for me.)

Turn: ($125.70) 22 of diamonds (3 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($125.70) KK of clubs (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $125.70
BB shows 66 of clubs 55 of hearts 44 of clubs AA of hearts (a pair of Twos)
Hero shows QQ of spades 55 of clubs QQ of clubs TT of spades (a full house, Queens full of Twos)
CO shows 88 of diamonds TT of hearts 77 of hearts TT of clubs (two pair, Tens and Twos)
Hero wins $122.70
(Rake: $3.00)

I'm not sure what CO is thinking calling my push in this spot but I was hoping that he would. And he did. It's always nice when hands play themselves out so nicely.

No poker for me tonight. It's all about quality time with my wife. But I should be back tomorrow with my usual pre-weekend rambling.

Have a good one!

No comments: