If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Upgrade!

I had a great weekend! I lost a couple buy-ins playing pot-limit Omaha but that's besides the point. I got to spend some time with my wife and my kids. I got to relax, have some good food, and some good drink. And my wife and I finally got the ball rolling on upgrading our bedroom from "kids playroom" to "HD-enabled awesomeness". If only my kids knew what they'll be missing...

It looks like my wife and I will have quite the little setup going on. On the furniture front, we're looking at a massive headboard, a couple of oversized and stylish night tables, some cool-looking table lamps, and a very nice TV stand.

On the technology side of things, I've picked up a 42" LCD TV (1080p a.k.a. "full HD" a.k.a. unnecessary crock of marketing crap) and a Sony Blu-Ray player. I was thinking about spending the extra $150 on a PlayStation 3
. I changed my mind when I realized that there are still no good games for the PS3, excluding those games that I'm already able to play on my Xbox 360
. Speaking of my Xbox 360
, I'll be hooking that puppy up to the new TV thereby clearing up much of the clutter in our bedroom. I'm looking forward to buying and playing Burnout Paradise
on the new TV.

How much did all this cost? More than I thought but far less than most of you would think. I saved a bunch of money on the television by going with a no-name brand. That's just how I roll, I guess.

Like most large-scale purchases, it'll be at least 3 weeks before we have everything delivered and set up. I'll let all of you know when I start living the high-life.

Until then, I've got a lot of pot-limit Omaha to play. VISA bills don't pay themselves...

No comments: