If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Feeling kinda...

Sorry for the lack of updates last week. I've been busy shopping for and buying the bare necessities needed for my bedroom upgrade. It can be tough shopping for new furniture and big screen TVs on a budget. And it's even tougher when your TV - completely paid for - hasn't even been shipped out because it's no longer in stock...and BestBuy won't give you a refund to go and buy another model of TV that is in stock.

That's right. I've paid for my TV and paid for "special delivery" shipping. But my TV is no longer in stock - though it was listed as "in stock" when I made the purchase and when my order was processed. I called BestBuy and asked to cancel the order or switch my TV for another. I was told that I couldn't do either of these things. A TV was being "allocated" to my order and I would have to wait another week to find out if said "allocation" was successful or not. This is, as we Canadians say, bullshit!

My new bedroom furniture is being delivered in a couple days. I have a brand new Playstation 3 (a.k.a the Blu-Ray player) sitting in our house, unopened and unused. We have every last thing ready for the new bedroom save for the damned TV. I would gladly pay an extra $500 if I could have my TV by Wednesday or Thursday. Instead, I'm stuck in limbo until BestBuy gets their act together.

I'm also a little confused when it comes to setting up any sort of audio for the new TV. I was going to settle for using the TV's internal speakers but I'm told they're total crap. I may end up needing another receiver (there's already one in the basement) or some other such nonesense because I think the TV has only one audio out and it's digital. Ridiculous...

To make things worse, today is Family Day. It was created to be a new statutory in Canada due to our nation's lack of statutory holidays when compared to many other countries in the world. Unfortunately, my employers are not required to recognize Family Day as a stat holiday. So I have to work today. Sucks to be me, I guess.

And finally, I played some pot-limit Omaha over the weekend. And I won. But I haven't felt much like playing in the past couple days. Don't know why. And now that I've missed the PokerStars 25 Billion Hand promotion, I'm kinda feeling "meh" about the whole thing. I need to see if I can get myself excited about poker again. Maybe I'll feel like playing once the TV's arrived and our bedroom is finally finished.

Have a good one...

No comments: