If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Serendipity

It's Friday and the weekend's almost here! It's been a pretty short work week for me due to my bout of stomach flu. I'm still happy that I'll have two days off. When I woke up this morning, I was overjoyed to discover that my cramps, dizziness, and nausea all seemed completely gone! Of course, I now have a sore throat and my nose is getting runny but I'll gladly take a dripping nose over a dripping "everything else" any day.

Since I have yet to play poker in the new year, I wanted to briefly touch on a number of points today. More after the jump!



In a devastating blow to families, commuters, and businesses in the Canada's National Capital Region (Ottawa and surrouding areas), the Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) turned down the City of Ottawa's latest offer to end the transit strike. What does this mean for the people of Ottawa? Hellishly long commutes to and from work for those who can afford $20/day parking in the downtown core. As for those who don't own cars or can't afford $30 cab rides down the block, I can't even imagine. A woman called in to a local radio station this morning crying because she had no way of getting to the hospital for her cancer treatment.

So let me take this opportunity to extend a hearty "F*ck you!" to the A.T.U.! You suck! I hope you realize how badly you all screwed up before you find yourselves unable to pay your mortgages or feed your families.



I'm currently reading Jeff Hwang's book Pot-Limit Omaha Poker. I've almost finished Chapter 3 of the book and I like the book so far. I'm getting the same vibe from this book that I got from Professional No-Limit Hold'em. I believe that Pot-Limit Omaha Poker will give me a huge leg up on my competition at the micro-stakes PLO tables and give me a solid foundation upon which to build my PLO game for the higher stake games.

I just wish I had more reading time. I've gone from an hour and a half of reading during my morning and evening commutes to an average of 15-30 minutes of reading a day, depending on my overall fiber intake.



I downloaded and purchased Poker Tracker Omaha last night. I'm going to give the software a run for its money over the weekend. I'll likely hit up the $25 PLO tables at Full Tilt. I haven't decided whether I'll start with the full ring games or just hop right into the 6-max games. Maybe I'll put in 1000 hands at the full ring tables and then re-evaluate my situation.



I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that I also plan on playing a little more head's up NLHE this year. Before I jump back into those games, I am going to spend a little more time preparing myself by reading Moshman's Heads-Up No-Limit Hold'em and watching a bunch of PokerSavvy and DeucesCracked training videos.

If I can maintain a solid winrate over 10K hands at $50 NLHE HU, I should be able to make the jump to $100 NLHE HU by year's end. I think that'd be a good result for me and I'd be quite happy.

I'm going to go ahead and update yesterday's post with this HU goal later today.



I signed up for a 1 month membership at DeucesCracked last night. I've downloaded a number of videos and look forward to watching them at my leisure over the coming months. I'm amazed at the sheer volume of videos available for download. I think DeucesCracked's monthly membership the best deal around given the amount of DRM-free information available.



It's a New Year and the perfect time to get yourself a great rakeback deal! If you've been playing poker without getting any rakeback, you've done yourself and your bankroll a great disservice.

So let's fix that problem right now! Sign up with RakeTheRake today! I guarantee that you'll be happy with their deals, their site, their support, and their professionalism. RakeTheRake are the best at what they do!



Have you ever tried Nutella? It is seriously good and I look forward eating it again this evening.



If you're planning on playing poker this weekend, have fun and good luck. And if you happen to be in a poker slump or suffering from poker apathy, I recommend hitting your local shopping malls until you contract a bad case of the stomach flu: I was looking for some cheap video games and came away with a renewed passion for poker. Serendipity FTW!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Adam Burns said...

Good to see your feeling better. My sister lives in Ottawa and it does suck since she doesn't have a car. I really don't understand what they are thinking. Public service is an essential service. They better force then back to work soon. Or hire temps.

Klopzi said...

Adam -

The public transit strike is a pretty big deal right now. I don't think we're going to see anyone forced back to work any time soon. Although I'm not hit very hard by the strike compared to some, it does suck having to spend a couple hours to get downtown only to realize that there is no parking anywhere. Ridiculous...