If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Happy New Year!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my readers at both Klopzi's Mediocre Poker and The Greedy Gamer a very Happy New Year.

2008 was a year filled with both highs and lows.

I lost a dear friend to cancer and she will be missed always. I know that she is looking down on her husband and kids, watching out for them wherever she can.

On a positive note, I had a great year with my family. My wife and I both lost weight and are getting healthier by the day. I've put on some Christmas pounds but that's cool too! Those Christmas cookies and boxes of chocolates won't eat themselves...nor will the snack mixes, crackers, or honey-roasted sesame-coated almonds. And the same holds true for the liters of cream liqueurs, eggnog, beer, and tourtiere all making their yearly visits to my kitchen and waistline...

My kids are doing terrific. Both are terribly loud and extremely mobile bundles of love, destruction and mayhem. I can't imagine life without my boys anymore.

On the poker front, I played less poker in 2008 than in previous years. However, 2008 was also my best year in terms of poker profit thanks to a couple hot streaks at both the $100 and $200 NLHE tables.

And finally, I really enjoyed my video games this past year. My Xbox 360 and I are on great terms and I look forward to exploring our relationship further in the New Year. I'm also quite pleased at the strides that my video game site, The Greedy Gamer, has taken in terms of traffic and visibility. However, I hope to see both Klopzi's Mediocre Poker and The Greedy Gamer continue to grow in the New Year.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year's Eve! Drink responsibly, eat recklessly, and enjoy yourselves! I'll be back in the New Year ready to tackle any hardships and challenges that 2009 may throw my way!

3 comments:

joxum (Denmark) said...

Merry New Year and may you run hot in 2009 from joxum (who will be six hours into the new year before you)!

joxum (Denmark) said...

I'm a little behind in my reading, but Merry New Year to you as well!

/j.

Klopzi said...

Thanks Joxum!

Right back at ya!