If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Weekend in the Great White North

The weekend is hours away and I couldn't be more excited. I'm pretty psyched to get back to the tables this evening. I've been watching and re-watching many of the videos that I downloaded from PokerSavvy last month. I still can't believe how much better my game's gotten having only spent a measly $25 for some great videos! Hopefully I'll be able to put my new skills to use and start the month off with a bang.

I'll be playing some $100 NLHE at Stars tonight. And I may have a few drinks too if the mood strikes. I don't think that will affect my game too much though I'll keep a close eye on my play. A few too many drinks and I'll probably start playing some LAG poker at the $50 NLHE tables. I may even throw in a few SNGs. Who knows? I am interested in regaining (or maintaining) my 6-max form so that I'll be able to hit the $200 NLHE tables at full stride in a couple weeks.

Besides poker, I'll also be spending some time with my wife and kids. My kids are really doing great! They're both one year old at the moment; this changes next Tuesday when my oldest turns two. It's a lot of work having two kids born within one year of each other. But it's all worth it when I see them playing happily together...or when my oldest decides to steamroll his brother...or when my youngest decides to start pulling hair and taking names. Hilarious! If you're interested to know what I mean by "steamroll", watch the following clip:



Kids, wife, poker, drinking...what else? Maybe a little shopping. And probably a little bit of Half-Life 2: Episode 2. I'm finally reaching the end of my time with Half-Life 2 and I couldn't be happier. It's a great game but it's too damned intense for me. I feel more at ease jamming with a river bluff than I do playing this game. I'll also be putting in a little time with a game called Burnout Paradise; it's an awesome and insanely fun racing/crashing game set in a large and beautiful open-world setting.

So that's it for this week. I'll be back on Monday with some hands to review and a little more poker content.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

katitude said...

Coo roo coo coo coo coo coo coo!

Have a great weekend, eh, ya hoser *grin

Klopzi said...

I just need to pick up a two-four of Elsinore, some donuts, and some back bacon and I should be set...