If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Sorry...

It looks like I'm already getting to the "Sorry for not posting recently" phase for this site again. Honestly, when another interest comes along, it doesn't take very long for poker to be put on the back-burner. It's not that poker hasn't been going well. In fact, I've done quite well since jumping back into poker this past summer. But I just don't feel like playing very much lately. What can I say?

Since my last session on Saturday, I've played a lot of video games and spent time with my wife and kids. I just finished winning an auction for a lot of 15 video games off of eBay. If you're interested, you can check out my current video game library right here. It'd be a lot larger were it not for the crushing feeling of responsibility that I have as a father and husband.

I'm happy to say that poker has given me enough disposable income to pick up any video games that I want for the next ten or twenty years. Not too shabby for a game played with two cards, some virtual chips, and a table full of donkeys.

So the big question: when will I get back into poker again? Given my past tendencies, I'd probably guess sometime in January. When the bills start coming in for Christmas, I start to panic about money. Money woes always push me to the tables in a desperate attempt to make money. I guess money is the biggest motivator for my poker play. As much as I'd like to say that I like the challenge of the game, that's not always true. When poker gets tough, I tilt. Money, on the other hand, is always a good thing.

This isn't to say that I won't be playing any poker at all until the New Year. I'll continue to put in some sessions on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons. Video games may be fun and all but weekend poker is crazy profitable. I don't think my game's getting so rusty that I can't hold my own at those tables. And if I hit a huge winning streak, there's no telling what will happen.

I guess I just love games and I love winning. When poker doesn't do it for me, I've got video games. And I guess that's all I can say about that for now.

If you're into video games, especially the Xbox 360, feel free to check out my other site - The Greedy Gamer. Although the site may sometimes come off as one big sales pitch, I hope that my enthusiasm for video games shows through from time to time.

Have a good one!

No comments: