If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

On this week's agenda...

I opted to continue working off my bonus at PokerStars last night. I'm getting pretty close but it will likely take me another full month before I'll have my reload bonus worked off. I'm really not in a rush to get this bonus cleared though it does feel like grind when I have to earn my SilverStar VIP status each and every month.

I looked over my Stars $100 NLHE record since I started clearing this bonus back in July. I've played about 10,000 hands in that time and I'm a very marginal winning player. According to Poker Tracker 3, I'm having major difficulty clearing 2 BB/100 at Stars. Looking over my hands, the bulk of my losses have come from failed c-bet attempts, a few overplayed hands, and two ill-advised river bluff. My sample size is still a little too small to come to any conclusions regarding my play. A good string of solid poker sessions should help me get back up to the 8 BB/100 mark, I hope.

I'm planning on playing at PokerStars for the next couple nights. One more session over the weekend should earn me my VIP status and allow me to move back to Full Tilt for all my poker playing needs.

On Friday night, I'm planning to have a few drinks and play some $50 HUNL cash games at Full Tilt. And if I end up having more than a few drinks, I'll bump myself down to some low-stakes HU SNGs to help curb the effects of beer-enhanced variance.

All in all, things are looking good this month in terms of poker. The training videos and the greater number of hands played per session are having an overall positive result on my game. I guess that's all I can hope for right now.

In closing, here's a good river suck-out:

PokerStars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $153.05
UTG+1: $100.35
CO: $53.85
Hero (Button): $106.60
Villain (SB): $201.50
BB: $27.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with A♥ A♠
3 folds, Hero raises to $3, Villain calls, BB folds.

(Villain's super tight and my image is pretty solid. I'm putting the Villain on pocket pairs, maybe some big Aces like AQ/AJ, and maybe some suited connectors.)

Flop: A♣ 9♦ Q♣ ($7, 2 players)
Villain checks, Hero bets $5.50, Villain raises to $15, Hero calls.

(I probably could have 3-bet this flop since Villain's pre-flop calling is so small that I figured him for set or monster draw in this spot. Instead, I chose to flat call the raise, intending to bet or raise the turn no matter what fell.)

Turn: 3♣ ($37, 2 players)
Villain checks, Hero bets $21, Villain raises all-in $183.50, Hero calls all-in $67.60.

(Villain's check-raise is a little worrying but I'm pot-committed. Even though a flush is possible, the Villain could have a set in which case I'd be daft to lay down my top set. And hey, I've got redraws if the Villain has the flush.)

Uncalled bets: $94.90 returned to Villain.

River: 3♠ ($214.20, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $214.20)

(I'm really glad the board paired...)

Results:
Final pot: $214.2
Villain showed 5c 8c
Hero showed Ah As

(I really didn't expect the Villain to show up with that hand in particular. JcTc? Sure. 8c5c? WTF? I guess he got bored...)


Have a good one!

No comments: