If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Pleasantly Surprised

I really don't have time today to discuss much of anything. I wanted to talk about the hands I posted yesterday but that's not going to happen today. Instead, I want you to take a look at the poker hand below.

I want you to guess what hand the Villain was holding at showdown. The results are in white so just highlight the text with your mouse when you think you've got an answer.

PokerStars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $344.60
Hero (UTG+1): $121.85
CO: $93.50
Button: $194.45
Villain (SB): $201.60
BB: $33.30

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 5♦ 5♠
UTG folds, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, Villain calls, BB calls.

(I've got a pretty good table image. I've won a few pots off of the Villain in the past hour.)

Flop: 9♥ 5♥ J♣ ($12, 3 players)
Villain bets $1, BB calls, Hero raises to $15, Villain calls, BB folds.

(Presto! Board's wet - raisy daisy...)

Turn: 7♣ ($43, 2 players)
Villain checks, Hero bets $30, Villain raises to $60, Hero raises all-in $102.85, Villain calls.
Uncalled bets: $42.85 returned to Hero.

(Villain's check-raise was instantaneous. After I pushed, he went into the tank and used up his full time bank before calling.)

River: 3♦ ($205.85, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $205.85)

(What do you think the Villain had?)

Results: (results in white below)
Final pot: $205.85
Villain showed Ts Ah
Hero showed 5d 5s


Hands like these make me feel that I made the right choice in sticking with poker.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: