If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

A Little Inspiration

I mentioned earlier that video games were in the lead for tonight's planned free-time. Well, that's not the case anymore.

Tonight's poker will be brought to you by...

...SubZero for picking up over $2000 in a single glorious hand of $3/$6 NLHE.

...Cmitch for his recent "What Would You Do?" post that reminded me of just how much it sucks to play out of position in a hand.

...Iggy for making it to Day 3 in the Main Event

...Foucault for making it Day 3 of the Main Event.

...Mike for making it to Day 3 of the Main Event.

Could this be the Year of the Poker Blogger®?




Besides playing poker tonight, I think I'm gonna hunker down and start using Poker Tracker 3. Screw it - I'll use Poker Tracker 2 if I plan on playing at Titan. For the time being, I want to get Poker Tracker 3 up and running. Anyone have any recommended PT3 HUD stats and layouts?




I also forgot to mention that I took a look at my "lifetime" stats for $100 NLHE. It looks like I'm doing alright in terms of VP$IP, aggression, stealing, blind defense, and many other aspects of poker. My biggest leak right now? Playing in unraised pots.

Heads-up or multi-way unraised pots are both money losers for me. All I can say in my defense is that I very rarely attempt to get too involved in unraised multi-way pots unless I have a good hand. What's the point? There's not much money to be won. As for heads-up unraised pots, consider my 1 BB a loan that I'll collect with interest in the next raised pot that we play.

I also found out that much of my profit comes from those times when I had an attempt to steal pre-flop and raised it up. I need to double-check these numbers again. The results seem a little incredible. Should 95% of my profit come from those times when I have an opportunity to steal and follow through by raising first in? If I have truly interpreted my stats correctly, I am the Hamburglar of online poker.

See ya.

2 comments:

WillWonka said...

I can't remember now that I don't check on PT3 anymore; but it seems that have a section on their website for stats and reports and possibly HUD things.

Klopzi said...

Will -

I'll have to check it out. As it stands right now, I should have trusted your advice to use Holdem Manager. PT3 is still a little too unstable for my liking...