If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Let's Play

My plans for this weekend are simple: time with the family, time with Lost Odyssey (my newest Xbox 360 RPG), and some poker. That's right! It's time to start re-introducing poker back into my life. I'm going to take it slowly. I need to view poker as a game and not a second job. Less focus on money and more focus on the game will help me better withstand poker's ups and downs.

So let's come up with a new plan of attack. If you're a regular reader, you'll know that I love to set both realistic and "pie in the sky" goals for myself. I like goals; they keep me focused. For simplicity's sake, I'll just plan to play 1000 hands back at the $50 NLHE buy-in level. I'll play for full buy-ins as opposed to playing short-stacked. I need to focus on what I'm doing and short-stacking may see me fall back into my old patterns and routines at the tables. I need to change things up for my sanity's sake and for continued bankroll health.

I'm also going to throw in 40 or 50 sit-n-gos, a bit of PLO/PLO8, and perhaps some limit hold'em into the mix. I know there's a game out there that I'd be good at - I just need to find it.

But let's just start with the NLHE and go from there. It'll take me a while to get through 1000 hands given my current rate of play. But the last thing I want to do is rush things. I'm not sure if I'm going to try and play short sessions every couple days or if I'll simply wait for the weekends to pile on a large number of hands. It will all depend on my schedule and how much time I spend with my Xbox 360.

Poker is still (and will probably always) be a part of my life. It may not always play a big role in my day to day affairs but I can always sense the draw of poker in the back of mind. This blog is one aspect of my life that keeps poker in mind. And there's my friend MJ who falls in and out of poker as often as I do. And bloggers like Fuel55, Alan, SubZero, and Gnome always get me thinking about poker's highs, its lows, exploiting donkeys, outplaying other solid players, dealing with variance, and successfully incorporating poker into one's life.

I'll leave it at that for now. We'll see how a couple hours at the $50 NLHE tables and a handful of SNGs treat me this weekend. I'd really like to ramp things up on this site; a nice score and/or some confident play will go a long way in terms of providing my patient readers with some new poker content.

Have a great weekend everyone! And wish me luck: Lord knows I'll need it.

No comments: