If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Poker, Games, and More Games

I've spent the past few days playing a whole lot of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for my Xbox 360. At the same time, I'm continuing to read Sit 'n Go Strategy in the hopes of finding something that I missed on my previous readings of the book. I guess we'll see how well I've prepared myself when I hit the tables hard tomorrow night.

That's right - it's time for a little Friday night poker again. Some drinks, some poker, and hopefully some good luck will see me hit my 3 win requirement before moving up the $20s again. And if I happen to have a losing night, so be it. It's poker and I'm just playing for fun right now. It'd be nice to win a couple hundred dollars. But I'm not going to expect that sort of night though. Most likely, I'm guessing I'll have a couple good sit-n-gos and twice as many disastrous ones.

As for tonight, I'm hoping to find a copy of Condemned 2: Bloodshot in the mail. I've been buying a lot of video games lately. I couldn't tell you why I'm so into video games as opposed to poker right now. I guess my interests in my various hobbies wax and wane like most things in life. Anyway, Condemned 2 is supposed to be violent and scary as Hell. Thankfully I no longer keep my Xbox 360 in the basement. I'm not sure how keen I'd be on playing Condemned 2 alone in a cold, dark cellar.

Before I go, I have a "what would you do" type question. Here's the scenario:

You're currently sitting in last place (by a slim t200 margin) in a $12 SNG with t2800 in chips. Blinds are at t300/t600. Four players left, top three pay. Two folds to the TAG chip leader (t5400) in the small blind. Chip leader pushes all-in. You look down and see A4s. Call or fold? Would you change your decision if I told you that the same TAG had open-pushed against your big blind since the blinds hit t100/t200?

I know what I did. But I'm always interested in how others would handle this situation.

Have a good one!

1 comment:

smashill said...

I would call his push, his range is so wider and your chips so few.