If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Family, Long Weekends, and Luck

The long weekend is almost here. Three days of poker, video games, BBQ, and a little BYOB. Happy days are here again!

As promised, I'm going to be hitting the SNG circuit pretty hard tonight. I think I'll give PokerStars a shot and maybe Titan Poker too if their traffic is reasonably good. I'm also going to have a few drinks - maybe more if I'm "feeling" it. I know that drinks won't make me play any better but they'll definitely help with my ability to handle variance. The last time I had drinks while playing sit 'n gos, I lost eight in a row and couldn't have cared less.

In all seriousness, I'm going to do my best to bring my "B" game to the table. My "A" game is in the shop and I'm sending my "C" game out to pick up donuts. But my "B" game should be good enough to crush the donkeys playing the $16s at Stars and the $11s at Titan. If not, there's always the $12s and rakeback at Full Tilt.

I'll be back on Tuesday with tales of victory...or woe. Worst-case scenario? My bankroll's down a few bucks and I spend a great weekend with my wife and kids. Best-case scenario? I pwn everyone and go on a poker rampage much like the one I pulled off a few months ago and I spend a great weekend with my wife and kids.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a freeroll!

Have a great weekend!

--

PS: The answer to yesterday's quiz (which was probably useless and obvious since no one bothered to answer) was "CALL". The chip leader in the SB is right to push with any two cards in his spot. As for me in the BB, I should feel good about calling all-in with the following range of hands: {44+ A2s+ A3o+ K5s+ K8o+ Q8s+ QTo+ J9s+}.

If you're interested, you can see the ICM results here.

2 comments:

Pud's Poker said...

Good luck with the pwnage Klopzi! I wish I could bring even my "B" game to the table! Recently I've been a robotic moron and my "D" game has reared its ugly little head.

Luckily, the donkeys at my stakes can't even beat that or I'd be broke!

Klopzi said...

The real question is: Is my "B" game better than your "D" game?

I guess we'll find out this weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!