If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Time to relax...

It's the weekend! And that means that I finally have time to spend time with my wife and kids, play video games, and play poker. It's hard having too much to do and too little time. I actually planned to play a lot more poker this month than I have so far. But plans change, I guess.

Being as results-oriented as I am, I find it very hard to get motivated to play after running into a rough patch at the tables. I guess it's a good thing that I never went pro, though the thought's never seriously crossed my mind. I guess I'd go pro if I could earn somewhere around $25,000 per month. I'd probably need that much to stay motivated and afford the proper therapy to stay sane. In any case, I'm nowhere near earning that much so let's move on.

I'm going to try and put in a thousand hands this weekend. That may be a little high given my renewed love of video games. But it's a goal and goal's should be set high. I'm still about eight buy-ins away from trying my hand at the $1/$2 NLHE games again. I'm hoping that I'll learn enough in the coming weeks to better prepare me for the games at the higher stake tables. The last time I played the $1/$2 games, I got greedy, I got impatient, and I paid the price and dropped a good chunk of my bankroll. I don't plan on making the same mistake again.

Have a great weekend everyone! And be sure to check out RakeTheRake if you're looking for rakeback and The Greedy Gamer if you're looking for random video game talk.

--

By the way, the image above (source) has nothing to do with this post. I just find it hilarious...

1 comment:

joxum (Denmark) said...

Good luck, I'll give you a holler if I see you at the tables!

/j.