If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Go Sens Go!


NHL Playoffs start tonight! And for me, I'm only concerned with the Ottawa Senators versus the Pittsburgh Penguins. But I'm afraid that my Sens won't be getting to the Stanley Cup Finals this year. Still, I have hope!

In other news, less poker this week and more video games. It's funny how one hobby must always come at the expense of the other.

And if you're wondering why I'm playing less poker, take a look at this next hand. The one question I should have asked myself pre-flop: what range of hands to do I beat when a solid player is willing to 4-bet (and not simply push all-in) while out of position? I guess the video games are rotting my mind.


Absolute Life Poker 0.50/1.00, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($103.10)
SB Villain ($323.60)
BB Hero ($61.85)
UTG ($105.50)
UTG+1 ($100.00)
CO ($118.55)

Preflop: Hero is in the BB with A K
4 folds, Villain raises to 3.50, Hero raises to 12.00, Villain raises to 21.00, Hero moves all-in for 48.85, Villain calls 36.85.

(Now who's the donkey? Oh wait, still me...)

Flop (123.70) 9 4 8

Turn (123.70) T

River (123.70) 6

Hero shows A K
Villain shows K K

Villain wins 123.70 with One pair, Kings


In my defense, I believe it was the Villain's birthday...

2 comments:

WillWonka said...

especially basically a min raise. Always tough to get away at that point.

If your read was a solid player, then maybe not so hard.

Klopzi said...

I think anyone who's willing to 4-bet with very little behind has got to have a monster.

Again, I think it's my greed and my desperate attempt to "get even" that decided that pushing all-in was the correct move.