If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Maybe just a few hands?


The poker bug is starting to creep its way back into my conscious mind yet again. Thanks to the writings of Fuel55, Waffles, and others, I'm starting to remember why poker can be fun.

Right now, I'm spending my time reading Professional No-Limit Hold'em and trying to remember how to play poker again. I'll also brush up on my skills by reading the Miller's "7 Easy Steps to No-Limit Success" and "Building a No-Limit Starting Hand" articles. I'll also throw in some of Wes's videos and some IStrong videos when I'm ready to start hitting the tables again.

I've also considered looking back at some of my own posts to help regain the confidence and skills that I know I had at one point in time. I'm planning on making my comeback at the NL cash game tables as opposed to trying out SNGs again. Honestly, each time I've tried to stick with sit-n-gos, I've gotten frustrated by the games' variance and given up on poker. I'm just not built to play tournament poker, I guess.

Last night, I pulled my entire bankroll back into Moneybookers. In the next month or two, I'll need to decide when and where I'd like to make my mark again. I'll start off at the $10 NL tables again and move up to the $50 NL tables in the space of a week or two. Depending on my bankroll, I'll either stay at the $50 NL tables or start playing some short-stacked $100 NL. I'm interested to see how well I'd do against some of the better competition.

All things aside, my return to poker will depend greatly on my ability to squeeze both poker and video games into my free-time schedule. With Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and The Orange Box on my video-game plate, there may not be much poker getting played in the near future. However, it only takes a good couple nights at the table to shift my focus squarely onto poker. It's funny how winning money does that, eh?

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

My writing about poker inspiring someone is frankly scary.

Klopzi said...

Waffles -

You may not always get the results you'd like. And I don't agree with how you play many hands.

However, even as the self-proclaimed "unluckiest guy on the planet", you keep pulling up to the tables and playing as best you can. It takes a lot to keep plodding through despite the bad beats and the occasional mocking from the other bloggers.

If anything else, it's your determination that's inspiring.