If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Beat No-Limit Hold'em Cash Games

Just because I'm not playing poker doesn't mean that I'm not keeping up on my required reading. For this post, I thought I'd give anyone interested in playing NL hold'em cash games a huge edge over his or her competition. Thanks to Ed Miller, anyone with a little patience and a little drive can make money playing NL hold'em.

Ed Miller has provided a couple of outstanding resources for current and future NL hold'em players.

First, go out and buy Professional No-Limit Hold'em. Why? It is the greatest book ever written on the subject of NL hold'em. Agree with me or not, this book is the real deal.

Professional No-Limit Hold'em will teach you the basics of pot odds, implied odds, stack-to-pot ratio (SPR), and commitment thresholds. What's that? You've never heard of SPR or commitment thresholds. Trust me, neither have most of your opponents. The more of an edge you have over your opponents in the ways of experience and knowledge, the more money you will make playing no-limit hold'em.



Ok, so now you've bought Miller's book and read it a few times over, and are still looking to kick your game up a notch. Miller's got you covered with his excellent Building a No-Limit Hold’em Starting Hand Chart series of posts over at Noted Poker Authority. This series of articles tackles the seemingly impossible task of describing which hands you should be playing based on your position, the action to you, and the table's dynamics.

Before you scoff and think that Miller's gone off the deep end, remember that this is the same guy who revolutionized limit poker with Small Stakes Hold 'em. Read each of the posts listed below, apply them to your NL game, and make money! Why am I sharing this information if it's so invaluable? That's what I do! I did it for sit-n-gos with SAGE and now I'm doing it with NL hold'em.

In any case, here is a list of the Miller's must-read articles:
When I finally make my return to the tables, I promise you that I will be reading Miller's book and the articles above ad nauseum. And for what it's worth, I've already read Professional No-Limit Hold'em a few times with terrific results! I don't think there's any better feeling in poker than putting your entire stack on the line and feeling 100% confident that you've made the right decision! Of course, the next best feeling is when you get to rake in all your chips and your opponents' after taking down a monster pot.

Good luck out there! Now go make some money!

No comments: