If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Portal is Awesome!

If you've ever considered picking up your very own Xbox 360, now's the time to do it! See - they have this game called Portal that comes bundled with Half-Life 2: The Orange Box. And you know what? It's awesome!

The following is an excerpt from The Greedy Gamer:


I don't have much to say today except: I'm lovin' the Portal!
  • 5:45 PM: Half-Life 2: The Orange Box is sitting in my mailbox when I arrive home.

  • 6:15 PM: We have dinner plans with family. I'm forced to leave my house, my Xbox 360, and Portal...

  • 9:00 PM: Back from dinner! Wait, I'm off to the store to pick up baby-related stuff...

  • 9:30 PM: My wife and I need to take care of some domestic chores, such as cleaning and making a fresh batch of baby bottles.

  • 10:00 PM: My youngest is due to eat shortly: there's very little point in loading up The Orange Box right now. I have a bowl of ice cream with my wife and we watch 'Til Death.

  • 10:30 PM: My son is screaming and all outward appearances tell me that a hitherto unknown self-destruct button has been inadvertently pushed and my son is preparing to level a city block in great fiery explosion.

  • 10:35 PM: I was a little hasty in my "self-destruct-sequence" theory. It appears that my son was only mildly hungry and slightly wet - quite surprising given the ferocity of his earlier screams. I will have my son's doctor attempt to adjust either the sensitivity or volume of my son's screaming module. I'd do it myself but have no idea to its whereabouts.

  • 11:15 PM: Miracle of miracles: my son finished eating and is now fast asleep in his crib! Do I dare play a little Portal?

  • 11:20 PM: After double-dog-daring myself to play Portal, I set about jumping and teleporting about the Aperture Science Lab! My Xbox 360 is humming along happily. I'm quite sure that I'm doing a little dance as I play the game perched precariously on the edge of my seat!
  • 11:35 PM: A friend, Senators Rule, sends me a message when he sees that I'm playing Portal. I send a friendly yet dismissive reply and get back to my portal-ing frenzy.
  • 12:00 AM: I've just finished off level 12 and toy with the idea of staying up to finish off the last seven levels of Portal.
  • 12:01 AM: I decide against pressing my luck: my son will no doubt be up soon and I'm exhausted.
  • 12:55 AM: Still lying awake in bed listening to the sporadic sounds coming from my youngest son's room, all the while thinking of Portal. Unbeknownst to me at the the time, I would continue to think and dream about Portal until I got up early this morning. What a great game!

So...any guesses as to what I'll be doing tonight?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PORTALLLLLL WHOOOO...

Honestly though, Portal is also one of the best games that I've ever played.