If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Making Adjustments

Well, I'm back to work today after taking just seven days away from the office. With two kids under the age of two, the life that my wife and I once knew is most likely gone for quite a while. All we can do now is make those fine adjustments to our day-to-day routine until we stumble upon something that works.

Since my second son was born, I've had very little time to play poker. I have managed to squeeze in about ten sit-and-gos with somewhat disastrous results. I'm currently on a pretty decent down-swing in my bankroll having placed in-the-money in only three of my last twenty-two SNGs (two 3rd place finishes and one 2nd place finish). According to SNG Wizard, my decisions have all be quite sound and I've not missed too many opportunities to push all-in. As long as I keep making solid decisions, I'll continue to fight the good fight, my bankroll be damned! I'm pretty happy with my game now and I hope things will turn around.

In addition to playing a little poker, I've started to focus on other activities that don't require quite as much thought on my part. And trust me, after averaging 2-3 hours of sleep a night since September 30th, thinking is the last thing I need to be doing.

My Xbox 360 has gotten a little love from me in the past few days. I'm trying to finish off BioShock right now, though I plan on playing it through a second time on the hardest difficulty setting. I just figured out a way to connect to Xbox Live without buying a $130 wireless network adapter, so my 360 may get a little more play tonight.

I also took a couple hundred out of the bankroll to buy myself a Nintendo DS Lite. Although I was a little hesitant to pick up one up, I'm quite happy that I made the plunge. Although the DS games lack the great graphics and audio that you'd find in an Xbox 360 title, each game that I've played has been loads of fun. For what it's worth, I've bought and played the following games:

What I most enjoy about the Nintendo DS is its portability. It's nice to be able to play video games no matter where I go.

I'll do my best to continue posting regularly and I'll even do my darndest to keep things poker-related too. Even though I like the Xbox 360 and the DS, I realize that most of my readers don't want to hear about any of it.

Oh, I just wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone who commented on my "It's Another Boy!" post.

Ok, back to work for me...

No comments: