If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

The Greedy Gamer: Halo 3 vs. BioShock

Whether or not you're a fan of video games, I can guarantee that you'll find the videos below pretty damned funny!

The following is an excerpt from a post at The Greedy Gamer:

As a known Xbox 360 gamer, I get asked one question quite a bit: what do you think of Halo? In my mind, there are two types of gamers: those who like online multiplayer games and those who couldn't care less about fragging and pwning n00bs. Can you guess to which camp I belong?

I've never understood the unconditional love that many gamers feel towards Halo. I played Halo on the Xbox and was greatly underwhelmed. I remember playing through a good chunk of the game and desperately wondering why everyone loved this game so much. I was told that I had to play the online multiplayer to truly appreciate Halo.

You know what? Listening to thirteen year olds spout off as many naughty words and racial slurs as they can whilst shooting me in the face does not increase my appreciation of a game. Maybe I'm too old to appreciate how great Halo can be when played to a soundtrack of f-bombs.

And that's why, when recently presented with the choice of buying Halo 3 or BioShock for full price, I chose BioShock. Sure, BioShock has swearing in it...but it also has a story. It has atmosphere. It looks great! It plays great! And when it comes to racial slurs, I'm not offended by the term "filthy splicers", "spliced up", or "Adam pumper".

And before you slam me down for bashing Halo, please know that I'm not the only one out there who shares this opinion. In fact, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw over at Fully Ramblomatic.com has made a couple video reviews of both Halo 3 and BioShock. I highly recommend watching each review below as they are both extremely insightful and unbelievably hilarious.

Yahtzee reviews Halo 3: (courtesy of The Escapist)



Yahtzee reviews BioShock: (courtesy of The Escapist)



Too funny...

If you'd like to watch more of Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's video reviews, visit The Escapist or Fully Ramblomatic.com

No comments: