If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

We have a winner!

I woke up this morning to find that Jerry Yang is our new World Champion of Poker. The last I saw before going to bed last night, Jerry was in the lead but fading fast, bleeding chips left and right.

Am I happy with the result? Sure, why not? I was cheering for Khan or Lam to take it down, but I'm just as happy having Yang win it all. I'll be even happier if Yang follows through on his pledge to donate 10% of his winning to various charities, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Feed the Children and Ronald McDonald House.

Given that Jerry seems like a pretty stand-up guy and a good family man, I doubt he'll pull a Jamie and renege on the whole charity thing. If Jerry's even half as good as Raymer or Hachem at promoting the game, we should see a new slew of money-hungry fish joining the rank of online poker players soon.

Besides watching grainy WSOP footage on a 20" monitor, my night was pretty average on the online poker front. After downing a couple drinks and some Red Bull, I hit the tables at Titan Poker and at Ultimate Bet. After a marathon four hour session, I was down two buy-ins. I'll claim that this was mainly due to bad luck...which is exactly why I'll remain a donkey for a little while yet. In my defense, having the same calling station catch runner-runner four or five hands in a row is mind-numbingly awful.

Still, I'm not giving up that easily. I'll continue to work on my game at the $25 NL tables. Hopefully, I'll be back up to the $50 NL tables soon. For my sake (and yours), I'd like to be at the $100 buy-in tables before the new baby arrives this fall.

Well, I'm at home this afternoon taking care of the family so I'll try to hit the tables in the next hour and see if I can make up some of my losses from last night. Have a good one...

No comments: