If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

No WSOP for you!

Want to watch the WSOP Main Event Final Table live on Pay-Per-View today? Are you Canadian? Good luck!

If you're one of the millions of Canadians who don't have a Bell ExpressVu satellite dish, then you're utterly screwed! Feels good, doesn't it? If you're like me, you had a whole party planned; snacks, drinks, poker, and lots of Red Bull were all within reach.

What am I supposed to do now? I guess I'll just go home and do what I do every other single day of my life...

If you do have Bell ExpressVu (you lucky prick!), here are the details you'll need to order WSOP event. It starts at 3PM EST today; leaving work early is entirely understandable and encouraged.

And although I could order the main event and watch it online via ESPN.com for a mere $19.95, it just wouldn't be the same...

UPDATE: It seems that I will be watching the Main Event...we'll be doing the huddle-around-and-watch-the-laggy-Internet-feed thing after all.

UPDATE #2: Pauly's put up some short bios of all the players at the Main Event's final table: check it out here.

LAST UPDATE: I'll be rooting for Hevad Khan and Tuan Lam in this evening's bout. Hevad gets my vote for his video reply to PokerStars when they accused him of being a bot. Tuan gets my vote because he's Canadian. Ok, no more updates...promise...

Images courtesy of Tao of Poker.


6 comments:

DP said...

Last year there was a free live video feed for the WSOP Main Event final table in addition to the Pay Per View... does that exist this year?

DP said...

I just realized that maybe what I thought was the free feed last year wasn't supposed to be free, just a leaked direct link...

L'artiste said...

Wow, I didn't even know that was on over here. For 20$ too? I might put the order in and watch that tonight. It's just too bad Scotty Nguyen couldn't make it there though.

Klopzi said...

dp -

I'm pretty sure you're right: there will be free feeds, though I question the legality of these broadcasts. However, I'm not your mother and can't stop you from finding and watching said feeds.

As for me, my friend is gonna pay for the feed in exchange for some Red Bull and snacks.

Klopzi said...

l'artiste -

Glad that I could give you the heads up.

Scotty Nguyen being out is rough, but I'm cheering for Hevad "Rain" Khan. I watched his infamous video reply to PokerStars' accusations that he was a bot a year ago or so.

Hevad has the ability to play 40+ SNGs (and win) on a single 17" monitor.

Other than Hevad, I'm cheering for Tuan Lam. I was gonna say Lee Watkinson, but Tuan's Canadian and I have cheer for a fellow Canuck.

It's a shame that he'll lose 30% of his winnings to the U.S. tax man, though.

MrCy said...

I really enjoy gambling online and watching the WSOP.