If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Hmmm...


If you ever find yourself worrying that the number of fish playing poker will eventually die off, just read the following excerpt from the 2+2 Forums. It gets me excited about playing poker again!

The OP in this case has just been told to always buy-in for the maximum at any NL table he decides to play.

His response?

I always hear this, but why? On UB hardly anyone buys in for a full stack and I usually double up anyway. The most I ever missed out on was a couple bucks. The full stacks tend to be LAGs. Good way to lose a full BI. I don't really know. I'm so used to SnGs that some stuff I just don't get yet.


Maybe I've been too hasty in trying to withdraw from Ultimate Bet?

He then adds:

Thanks for all the advice. My problem (maybe a good one, IDK) is that I like to withdraw $50 or $100 rather often. Everytime I hit $200 I have taken at least $50 out. I don't know if I could wait till $500 to cashout at all;)


Maybe poker's not his game then? I guess you don't need to worry too much about bankroll requirements if you're just playing for fun, right?

I have a job for a few days a week, but make more money playing poker. Not just for fun. I want to EVENTUALLY be playing 10/20, I don't have any interest in making tiny profits and re-loading. I have NEVER reloaded and don't plan on it.


Personally, I feel that playing 10/20 on a $200 bankroll is cutting it a little close.

It's also a little sad that OP makes more money playing $10 NL than he does at his job.

Well, sad and funny...

Finally, our little comedy when OP loses his patience in the face of the collective wisdom of the 2+2 community:

I'm gonna try 5-tabling 10NL with full buy-ins on all 5 tables. Anyone who says I don't understand what YOU call cocepts in poker can go to hell. No one plays the same.


Cocept(?) or not, I say go get 'em Tiger!

No comments: