If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Is Klopzi going to the WSOP?

I just remembered something...I may have won a seat into a 500-player WSOP freeroll, courtesy of Interpoker. If that's the case, I may actually make it to the WSOP this year.

I'll have to check when I get home to see whether or not the seat was still mine. Interpoker was running a promotion called the Hot Spot League. They ranked each player on their site and various ladder rankings had prizes associated with them. I happened to be sitting on a "Free entry to 500 player max WSOP freeroll" hotspot as of 5:30 PM yesterday - I'm hoping that was still the case at 11:59 PM last night.

With that entry, I'd have a 499:1 longshot at making the WSOP. I'm not sure if the seat is for the main event; regardless, I'd have a chance at a bracelet and tons of money. If all else fails, there would be tons of gambling fun for me and lots of shopping and umbrella drinks for my wife.

I can guarantee that I won't be the first one out at the WSOP. I'd probably fold everything except AA and KK - and I I'd fold KK to a raise by another player. And if I happened to sit with one of the big name players, I'll make sure to get an autograph after they bust me!

Anyway, that's it for now...again. Damn, I'm tired...

2 comments:

drewspop said...

Cool. It's fun to dream isn't it? I am still waiting for the date and location of that national championship tourney that I made. The winner there gets a seat to the main event too.

With 12 states involved in the APL, and 16 making the national tourney, that is only 192 total possible players. I can't imagine that everyone will make it though so my odds get better. Good luck.

Klopzi said...

I like your odds much better than mine - 191:1. Sweet! Not too bad for a chance to go to the WSOP...