If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

From the desk of Klopzi...

Just taking a look around the old Internet...here are some things I've found...

From Overheard in the Office:

Co-worker #1: I'm so busy today.
Co-worker #2: Why? Thursday is the new Friday.

Amen brother...

--

What's the definition of understatement?
I played for 4 hours tonight, and I guess things just went my way because I somehow managed an $8,000 run-up...

- Law School Dropout

He's my hero. Someday...

--

Who does this remind me of?
Things are too crazy around here for a proper post so I'll give you a nice link dump and some random crap.

-Al

--

Are you a blogger and sick of constantly having to check Google, Yahoo, Technorati, and a bunch of other places for links to your site? Do you want an easier way to have your ego stroked?

Here's the solution: egoSurf

--

If you've been reading Pauly's Tao of Poker (and you should be), you'd know that Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi won the 2006 WPT Borgata Winter Open.

When it got down to three players, there was Erick "E-Dog" Lindgren, John "J-Dag" D'Agostino and The Grinder left. The Grinder rivered a set on Erick to take the lead and Erick was soon out thereafter.

Erick Lindgren is one of my favourite players out there. He's a great poker player and he's a really nice guy. I'm always amazed when you hear about successful people being nice - normally, your more cut-throat, Type-A personalities are the ones who make it nowadays.

John D'Agostino is still young but pretty damned good! He got royally p0wned at the U.S. Open a couple years ago when he got to the final table with a huge stack. After an endless parade of bad beats, he was out. He was pissed and rightly so. However, since then, I've noticed him at a lot of final tables and he always seems to be the chip leader after Day 1 or 2.

Anyway, J-Dag lost to The Grinder heads up after a short period of time. This, in itself, doesn't bug me.

What does bug me is that I've read that The Grinder isn't all that nice to the unknown and up-and-coming players. In a Bluff magazine article (or All In magazine), I read that he likes to play in tournaments with buy-ins well below his bankroll. His reasoning? He likes crushing the dreams of newer poker players.

So, Michael, enjoy your winnings - I'm coming for you! He and his wife are also expecting a new baby, so I'll also wish him and his wife all the best. But I'm still gonna take all his money if I ever get the chance...

--

Another player I'm not a fan of is Randy Jensen. Anyone who gives themselves the nickname "Dream Crusher" is a prick...

He and Freddy Deeb were exchanging blows (verbally and on the felt) at some tournament in Monaco where they had a "last longer" side-bet.

From this point on, Freddy gets my vote!

--

Matt Maroon on giving advice on The Poker Chronicles:
One question I often get is "why don’t you write more about poker strategy?" My usual response is "I will, as soon as you start a publishing company and pay me a bunch of money." They always think I'm kidding.

I give free advice here, but I guarantee it'll get you nowhere fast. If I were as good as Matt, Otis, CJ, or any of the other bloggers out there, I wouldn't be grinding out silly little $25 bonuses at Interpoker.

Give me two years though and maybe I'll have good advice to give. And like Matt's sound advice, it'll come with a price tag (probably $14.95 CDN).

No comments: