If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Finally, someone understands me...

*** WARNING: This post will be one of those run-on posts where there's some good stuff and some bad stuff all rolled up into one. There will be some pokah! talk as well as some videogame talk...so spend your reading time as you see fit.***

So, I was checking bloglines and found a new post by hdouble where he describes the different player personalities sorted by their bankroll management styles. Seeing as how I'm all about the bankroll, I thought I'd check the list and see where I fit in.

Surprisingly enough, hdouble describes me to a tee with the following personality:

6. The overly bankrolled player
DESCRIPTION: Solid player, but playing at a level where his win rate is significantly less than his hourly wage. Much like the high roller, financial losses have absolutely no effect on this player. This player takes the game seriously, and believes that he should "work his way up" through the limits before playing at a level where losses might cause minor financial pain.
PLAYING STYLE: Since this player takes poker seriously, losses will often have a strong emotional affect on the player. If this type of player goes on tilt, they are likely to try to run over the table like the high roller.

That's it! That's me! How many times have I said that I wanted to work my way up? How many times have I wondered why I'd bother playing poker for such a puny amount of money? Well, I do it because I take my poker seriously. And when I tilt, I tilt hard.

Go check out hdouble's post for the other bankroll types out there - it's a good read.

--

Oh Jebus! It's time for some more keyword fun!

poker ace hud aggression factor determining
For those of you looking how to correlate a player's real life aggression with their PokerTracker numbers, here's a quick overview:
  • 0 - 1: Generally passive players - if they bet or raise, look out! These players are the easiest to play against although they will often suck out on you. I also find that players with an aggression factor this low are very hard to push off a pot.
  • 1 - 2.5: Pretty aggressive - they will raise when they should and they may try to bully you occasionally. Many players fall within this range.
  • 2.5 - 4.0: These are the typical numbers for a smart, aggressive player. These players will do their best to ruin your odds when drawing and they will make you pay dearly if you decide to showdown a second best hand. You do not want to play with many of these types at your table.
  • 4.0+: These players are the maniacs. They are always raising and betting on every street. To counter these types of players, let them take the lead in the hand and re-raise them on the later streets if you find yourself with a good hand. Be careful to not undervalue their hand but be aware that they will make you gamble a little on every hand you play against them. These players will sometimes fold if they face pure unadulterated aggression in return - they may be aggressive but are not always stupid.
Be sure to cross-check the aggression numbers with the VP$IP numbers for a given player: TAGs may come across as maniacs when they are simply picking up good cards and playing their hands well.

pokerace hud registration key
Not a problem - buy one here. Or were you looking for a registration code of questionable legality...filthy criminals...

shin megami tensei: nocturne demons
It's good to know that I'm not the only one playing PS2 games involving sexually-ambiguous demons and weird little red guys sporting giant striped strap-on dildos (I shit you not...). I'm not sure what these people are looking for exactly...yes, the game has demons in it. Check out GameFAQs or GameSpot for more info.

winning texas hold'em matt maroon book review
So far, so good...

bikiniwax before and after
I definitely did not see this one coming...AOL's search engine is totally p0wned by Google...

---

***NERD ALERT***

So, my mother-in-law got me a $25 EB Games gift card for my birthday and it's burning a hole in my pocket. After work tonight, it's off to the store to buy some new games.

While I'm there, I'll be trading in a couple games. I finished Resident Evil 4, including the mini-game Separate Ways starring Ada Wong. I found the game to be pretty good - story was pretty solid, voice acting was ok, script was shit, and some of the moments in the game were horrifying. Actually, it was all about the jump scares and I scare easily. I almost had a heart attack the other night when I was staring through a sniper scope and some bad guy jumped up in front of me. It was almost exactly like the scene at the start of Episode IV where a Tusken Raider attacks Luke...

So, RE4 is getting traded in. I'm also getting rid of Jak II. It's hard, it's annoying, and I'm not into it. The first Jak and Daxter game was funny, cheery, light and loads of fun. This new Jak, the darker, grittier version, just doesn't do it for me. Much like POP: Warrior Within, I think they overdid it with the "darkness".

I really don't like the GTA-like, free-to-explore world they've got going in the game. I loved GTA III, I really loved Vice City...but I didn't buy Jak II to play GTA. And that's why it's going tonight - well, that and the difficulty and the crappy story-line. That's my opinion anyway - I know GameSpot gave Jak II 9.1/10 so what do I know?

Anyway, here's a list of games that I'd like to get if I see them used:
  1. Psychonauts: By the same guy who did Lucasarts' Grim Fandango! Supposed to be funny and weird, all at the same time!
  2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Cinematic, nice to look at, snake eating, and vomiting all rolled up in one. It doesn't get any better than that...
  3. Silent Hill 3 or SH4: Either one of these would be ok. I've always wanted to play a game that would damage me psychologically and these would do the trick. I tend to pass out if I see someone horribly injured or disfigured, so if I don't write tomorrow just know that I'm passed out in front of my couch in a puddle of my own saliva/vomit/beer/ravioli.
  4. Sly Cooper 3: This may be a pipe dream. It's funny how much I love Sly Cooper (not in that kind of way...although he does have opposable thumbs...). The first game in the series was great, the second game was, for lack of a better word, fan-f*cking-tastic! And I hear the third game in the series is just slap-tastic as the first two games!

In addition to any new games I pick up this evening, I also picked up a new game this weekend. It's called Shadow of the Colussus and it's pretty amazing. The premise is that your some girly-man trying to save some girl. I don't' know why the main character looks like a woman. I don't know what's wrong with the girl laying on some altar. All I know is that some booming Japanese-ish voice tells the main character to go out and kill some giant baddies.

And when I say "giant", I mean it. Imagine riding up to a mountain on a horse only to discover that it is not a mountain in front you. The mountain is, in fact, a rather large baddie intent on crushing you.

Although each of these boss battles (there are only boss battles in the game) has its own little quirks and nuances, the general gist of the fights is the same. You find a way to climb onto these behemoths and hang on for dear life looking for a good place to plant your sword.

When you find a sweet spot, you keep hacking away as the blood erupts in huge geysers. Eventually, tons-o-fun will fall down and you get sent back to the dead/sick/sleeping girl and the booming Japanes-y voice.

You'll have to trust me - this game plays a lot cooler than I make it sound.

More rambling to come, I'm sure...

--

Another blogger out there has won the Klopzi Free-Pimping award. And the winner is: Nick over at All In.

Rather than constantly bitching about losing (like me) and bragging about big wins (not like me), Nick tries to add a little strategy to the mix and discusses various issues that all newer players face.

So check out Nick's site - it's worth the visit.

4 comments:

hdouble said...

Thanks for the link. Sounds like you might do better if you bump up a limit...

Klopzi said...

Hey hdouble...

Yeah...I'd like to bump up a limit. The only problem I've had so far is that anytime I poke my head out of my hole, I get my ass handed to me on a platter.

I'm actually going to make a jump in the next month in both my limit and no-limit games. I'm hoping that I can convince myself to ride out the wilder swings in my bankroll.

Thanks for stopping by - and thanks for the "bankroll" post.

Nick Christy said...

Thanks for the pimpage... hope you continue to enjoy..

Klopzi said...

My pleasure - it's always nice to come across a poker blog that isn't just a simple series of hand histories, bad beat stories, and disjointed english.