If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Finally I break even...

That's right - I broke even last night after a few days of losing. My trick: I stayed away from my laptop. I'm hoping that the night off will have given my game the focus it needs. I guess we'll find out tonight.

My wife and I were actually out shopping for a good portion of the evening. We went to Wal-Mart to pick up some specific items, then my impulse shopping kicked in and we bought a lot more.

Then, I popped over to an EB Games in the same strip mall while my wife started doing some grocery shopping. After searching the shelves for about 10 minutes, I had to resign myself to the fact that EB Games did not have any good used games in stock.

I dejectedly made my way back to the grocery store. When I met up with my wife, the groceries were just about finished and we were going to head home for dinner. My wife suggested that we swing by another EB Games on the way home to see if they had any of the games that I wanted.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm at EB Games #2 while my wife picks up our dinner at the Quizzno's Subs next door. I get to Quizzno's just as my wife is paying for our subs, once again dragging my feet and complaining about the suckiness that is EB Games' previously played selection.

I'm ready to head home at this point and have dinner when my wife suggests that we make one final stop at Microplay to check for used games. So we stop in and I make my way to the back of the store. And lo and behold, they have a used copy of Psychonauts. Sweet! So I trade in my copies of RE4 and Jak II and I'm on my way home with a new game...

The rest of the evening was pretty relaxing. My wife and I had dinner and watched 24 and CSI:Miami. Afterwards, I played videogames until my eyes started bleeding.

And, for those of you interested, Psychonauts is pretty good so far. Much more gripping than Jak II was, in any case.

This evening's activities will assuredly contain some poker playing. I'm going to see if there are any limit games running at Interpoker (I want to clear that damned bonus); if not, it's Tiger NL time!

I'll post more this afternoon, I'm sure. And it will be purely poker-related...I think.

Ok, back to work for me.

No comments: