If you'd like to advertise on this site, please email me to discuss details and rates.

Recap time

Well, I chickened out. I watched the first half-hour of Saw then shut it off - I had a funny feeling that it was gonna get really gross or really scary. I know, I need to grow a set...oh well. My wife was happy not watching it too. We did watch Hellboy for a second time and enjoyed it - I'm a big fan of superhero movies and my wife indulges me. One last movie comment: Star Wars Ep. III: Revenge of the Sith comes out today - only $19.99 at BestBuy...gonna pick that one up cuz I'm a nerd.

---

Poker news: played some NL ring games at Pacific Poker last night. I picked up some piece of software called HandGrabber (no link yet - sorry) that lets you grab hand histories and import them into PokerTracker. Long story short - I played for an hour and a half at the $10 NL tables and came away down $1.77. In all fairness, there were two issues that prevented me from doing well:


  1. There were crazy players at the table going all-in on every single hand. These tables were so loose, I wish I'd managed to pick up some $$ but didn't. Why, you ask?

  2. I was so card dead for most of the time at the tables, I was raging! It's scary when you pick up ATs in MP and consider calling the 20xBB raise and 60xBB re-raise. I played the safe game and decided to wait until I had a real hand before pushing all-in. Unfortunately, I didn't pick up anything until all the loose players left. It was the most frustrating time I've ever spent at the tables.


Will I give the NL games another shot? Yep. I got a $20 bonus at Pacific Poker and will keep playing the NL games until I clear the bonus requirements for releasing my $20 or until I lose the whole wad. I don't much care either way...actually, I'm lying - I'd to make $2K with that $20 but we'll have to wait and see...

---

So, here's my recap for the month of October:

  • 0.50/1.00 FL: $103.41
  • 1/2 FL: -$96.37
  • $10 NL: -$1.77
  • SNGs: $43.45
  • Bonuses: $70
Bankroll
  • October 1, 2005: $1107
  • November 1, 2005: $1359
  • October 2005 Earnings: $252
I'm a little surprised that my month ended up as well as it did. For a while, I was really sucking and it seemed to turn around this past weekend.

I'm also quite happy with my SNG results so far. I was in the money 52% of the time, with a 61% return on investment. I'm placing, on average, in second place, which is good from a playing perspective and from a money perspective. The fact that I managed to win 50% of the times that I ended up heads-up in the SNGs is slightly above average considering I rarely had the chip lead going in.

---

My new goals for November (otherwise known as the list of things that won't happen and will just end up pissing me off and putting me on tilt):
  1. Double my $20 bonus at Pacific Poker playing only $10 NL.
  2. Clear a $25 reload bonus at Eurobet playing 0.50/1.00 FL.
  3. Win 112 BBs (I've already made back 38 BBs) at 0.50/1.00 FL to make up for the losses at 1/2.
  4. Play 10 $5 SNGs at Party Poker or some other poker room (not sure where yet) and pull off an in-the-money percentage of 33% or more.
Are these goals attainable? You betcha! Am I gonna do it? Couldn't tell ya! Am I gonna try and make my two readers (assuming my wife still reads this thing) proud? Sure!

No comments: